The Domino Music Group is looking for a Head of Technology working across both its Record Label and Publishing divisions to be based in our offices in London. The role is envisaged on a full-time basis, but we are amenable to discuss flexibility with candidates to accommodate other professional commitments.
This role will report to the Board of Directors and work in conjunction with our Lead Developer to oversee our technical infrastructure, workflows and projects that sit at the heart of our business. Successful candidates should have a natural interest in the intersection between technology and the creative marketplace, and be focused on innovation. This is a unique opportunity to drive forward innovation and strategy at one of the world’s leading independent music companies.
• Oversee and drive forward the development of technical and digital-focused projects, including: Domino web properties, internal content management tools, analytics and reporting solutions.
• Work with teams across the company on the best technical and digital product solutions to meet our business and marketing requirements, including evaluation of existing SaaS platforms.
• Source and manage external developers, acting as the primary point of contact.
• Liase with stakeholders on projects by gathering requirements around time-scales and specifications, and manage the briefing, budgeting, prioritisation and user acceptance criteria.
• Serve as the first point of contact for any technical queries or matters from all Domino staff.
• Maintain a micro and macro-level knowledge and understanding of all of Domino’s systems and data.
• Communicate new developments and initiatives to the Board of Directors routinely
We are seeking candidates that meet the following requirements and experience:
• Well-versed in the current methods and best practices of modern software development and product management.
• Curious about the way technology can impact people and business.
• Experienced in planning new digital products and technical services, from business case to roll-out.
• A working knowledge of web architecture, data flows, databases and managing interactions between them.
• Superior organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
• An understanding of and experience in working in the music business will be a significant plus.
Please send a cover letter stating how you meet the requirements, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 31st May.