A DEAR JOHN LETTER 給約翰的一封信 1965 - Video
PUBLISHED:  Nov 18, 2009
DESCRIPTION:
A DEAR JOHN LETTER
給約翰的一封信 (1965) Skeeter Davis

阿田我很喜歡的一首歌!!!
原來此首歌也是Skeeter Davis 所唱的。
跟另一首膾炙人口的
世界末日《The End of the World》同樣經典!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sonLd-32ns4

這首歌是我多年前(大概1998~2002年間)
比較常去看二輪電影的〔板橋戲院〕,
他們戲院有一段時期,在兩部影片播映的休息空檔時間,
固定會播放的這首歌,聽久了自然覺得很好聽...

(旋律輕快曼妙、女聲慵懶、口白沉重)

===

Dear John, oh, how I hate to write!
親愛的約翰,噢,我是多麼不想寫這封信呀
Dear John, I must let you know tonight
親愛的約翰,今晚我一定得跟你說清楚
that my love for you has died away
我對你的愛已經死去
like grass upon the lawn.
就像門前草坪被割下的雜草
And tonight I wed another, dear John.
今晚我就要嫁給別人了,親愛的約翰

(v.o.)旁白
I was overseas in battle when the postman came to me.
當信差找上我的時候,我正身在異國的戰場中
He handed me a letter
他交給了我一封信
and I was just as happy as I could be,
我開心得不得了
'cause the fighting was all over
因為戰爭終於都結束了
and the battles had all been won.
所有的戰役都打勝了
But then I opened up that letter
但之後我展開了那封信
and it started: Dear John.
信的開頭就寫著:親愛的約翰(註)

Dear John...
親愛的約翰......

(v.o.)旁白
Won't you please send back my picture?
可不可以請你把我的照片寄還給我?
My husband wants it now.
我老公現在就要
When I tell you who I'm wedding,
當我告訴你我要嫁給誰
you won't care, do you anyhow?
你也不會在乎的,對吧?
And it hurts me so to tell you that my love for you is gone.
把對你的愛已經消失的這件事告訴你讓我很痛苦
But tonight I wed your brother, dear John
不過今晚我就要嫁給你弟弟了,親愛的約翰

=== 一畝良田
https://www.facebook.com/justice19701230
follow us on Twitter      Contact      Privacy Policy      Terms of Service
Copyright © BANDMINE // All Right Reserved
Return to top